Comic 52 - Follow the fairies

3rd May 2018, 6:37 PM in Humble Beginnings at Humblestart
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) Rate this comic
Follow the fairies
<<First Latest>>

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 3rd May 2018, 6:37 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You pause to take a closer look at the statue... and to catch your breath.

It looks like your wand whipped wind across the statue in a focused cutting motion, like a blade made of air. It was enough to deal real damage to the statue once it was deinforced--you imagine it would be way more effective on something not made of stone.

"Wind is often mistaken for the weakest element," Lagrand remarks. "Once one sees its potential, however, it becomes quite the opposite. ...Much like the enchantment school." His lips ease into a wide smirk. "You may not feel powerful yet--you're not reading minds or conjuring fireballs, after all. Pit a master of each school against the others, though, and I'll bet on an experienced enchanter every time."

You ask Lagrand about the brambly... arm... thing that he did.

"A spell," he states plainly. "An act of transmutation, if you must pin it down. All mages must have a focus... as a witch, my focus is a theme, an idea, rather than the results of an act. It matters not to me whether my spells beguile or create or destroy... I'm limited by the ley lines of the woods, the symphony of nature, the feeling of the trees and the flowers. Magic that focuses on such a loose concept, rather than being restrained by the nature of its action, is considered witchcraft."

He flips his hair, beginning to wander toward the door on the right side of the hall. "Don't feel bad pursuing your curiosity--I can tell that you're wondering where the fairies are headed. I'll see if I can find a way in for the other two. You have great potential, I can tell. Enchantment suits you."

You also take the huge sword from the statue. It's difficult to pry free, as it's very heavy, but you think Valley might be able to swing it properly. You acquire a Stone Zwei.

You head through the door on the left, watching as the last fairy flies its way upstairs.

Comments:

Tech 3rd May 2018, 7:23 PM edit delete reply
Follow closely, if we lose them we'll never find them back.
Jex 3rd May 2018, 7:27 PM edit delete reply
Follow the faries I guess. Not quite enough time to pop back and give the sword to Valley, though Nast can ask if Lagrand will give it to her for him if he can find a route.
Mochi 3rd May 2018, 8:00 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
examine the engraving at the foot of the statue, then follow the fairies.
Krylo 3rd May 2018, 9:04 PM edit delete reply
+1