Comic 51 - Explain the war

3rd May 2018, 12:59 PM in Humble Beginnings at Humblestart
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) Rate this comic
Explain the war
<<First Latest>>

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 3rd May 2018, 12:59 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
As the statue prepares to come at you again, you frantically attempt to explain what's going on--that the slimes and the goblins are fighting over a cave, and you managed to convince the goblins to talk but when you got to their village the only offer they'd make was--

("Maybe we should listen to him?")

("No! We're not getting tricked again!")

("He sounds just like the last one did.")

("Hehe! Humans all sound alike.")

The soldier begins to move forward. Running out of time, you hold your wand out... and make a motion similar to what Lagrand was suggesting. You make a sharp, horizontal swipe with the wand.

You immediately feel the effect. You feel a harsh drain on your energy, your knees almost buckling as you suddenly exhaust.

...You also watch as a deep gash abruptly appears in the front of the statue, as though an invisible blade had sliced right into it. You hear the fairies yelling from inside the statue, as you cut the deinforced suit deep enough for them to notice from within.

("Okay, maybe we should tell the others!")

("They might be interested in this race war dealie!")

("We should at least warn them...!")

The helmet pops off the statue and fairies begin to pour out, all of them fluttering rapidly through the adjacent door and out of the hall.

image

Comments:

1977 3rd May 2018, 1:18 PM edit delete reply
Follow them. Lagrand should maybe go back to tell the others.
Guest 3rd May 2018, 1:22 PM edit delete reply
We could also try to get the fairies to open the door for the others.
Benjerbro 3rd May 2018, 3:17 PM edit delete reply
We should take a second to catch our breath
Krylo 3rd May 2018, 3:43 PM edit delete reply
Catch our breath, and then follow, slowly and non-threateningly.
Cloud 3rd May 2018, 3:48 PM edit delete reply
Hmm. I’m trying to decide... we could
A: Follow the fairies
B: Catch our breath
C: Ask Lagrand about those thorny brambles he either controls or is... made of?
D: See if Lagrand can’t show us anything fun to do with our other ‘wand’
I’m all for D but it’s worth considering our other options.
Cloud 3rd May 2018, 3:53 PM edit delete reply
Anyone else want the D?
Krylo 3rd May 2018, 6:06 PM edit delete reply
Definitely want to do (the) D, but Lagrand already suggested we do that after the temple, so let's wait.

But also totally use that line.
Jochi 3rd May 2018, 4:02 PM edit delete reply
Call after them "Won't ANY of you stay long enough to hear me out or explain why you don't trust humans?"
Assuming they don't, first check the door to see if there's a means on THIS side for opening it, and second examine the statue to figure out how the Wind Wand was able to cut stone.
Szled 3rd May 2018, 4:06 PM edit delete reply
The answer to your second question is that Nast Deinforced the statue to make it weaker, thus making it easier to get damage, also, I think they should check the Statue for any loot, maybe a new weapon for Valley?
Cloud 3rd May 2018, 4:13 PM edit delete reply
Ooh, +1 Valley Stone Sword
Tech 3rd May 2018, 4:33 PM edit delete reply
Yup. We fought so now we loot.
TerraNova 3rd May 2018, 4:48 PM edit delete reply
"It's dead, Jim. Take it's stuff."
Brokedog136 3rd May 2018, 6:32 PM edit delete reply
What if we offer to kill that spider for the faireys?