Comic 49 - Stick your wand in it

2nd May 2018, 3:57 PM in Humble Beginnings at Humblestart
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) Rate this comic
Stick your wand in it
<<First Latest>>

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 2nd May 2018, 3:57 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You move up on the statue. It repositions its shield in front of it, anticipating an attack... but you instead jump up, shoving your Wind Wand into its visor and activating it. With your other hand, you Deinforce the suit. You hear a number of small voices from inside the armor.

("Gaaah!")

("Wheee!")

("What's going on up there?!")

The statue swings its shield out, launching you across the room and back-first into one of the nearby pillars. You stumble as you land, a little hurt but still going. You tell the fairies in the suit that you're trying to stop a war, and that they should come out so you can talk.

"We're not--"

You hear the tiny voice clear its throat. The booming, intense voice of before returns. "WE ARE NOT FAIRIES. WE'RE A BIG SCARY KNIGHT, AND YOU NEED TO LEAVE."

The statue begins to step toward you, lifting its sword upward to strike. Lagrand sighs... and reaches a hand out. His arm transforms into thorny brambles, stretching out and branching off and beginning to entangle the armor. With the suit deinforced, the squeezing brambles begin to shove their way into the joints, and press into the surface of the weakened stone.

The suit continues to trudge forward, though it is noticeably slowed--it's just now dragging Lagrand behind it. He grips his transformed arm with his opposite hand, digging in his heels and trying to hold the suit back.

"HUMANS ARE DIRTY AND WE-- uhh-- THE FAIRIES ARE SICK OF THEM. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID WAR, WHICH YOU PROBABLY MADE UP ANYWAY."

("What's the hold up?")

("They're getting inside! Ahhh!")

Lagrand releases his morphed arm just long enough to make some kind of... sideways... swiping motion with his free hand. You're not really sure what he's suggesting, but it's accompanied with a firm nod and a head tilt. He clearly wants you to try something, but his non-verbal communication skills need work.

Comments:

Tech 2nd May 2018, 4:15 PM edit delete reply
I interpret that as "Get out of the way." Try to dodge.
Guest 2nd May 2018, 4:20 PM edit delete reply
Dodge Roll. Dodge Roll. Dodge Roll. Dodge Roll. Dodge Roll.
Dodge Roll. Dodge Roll. Dodge Roll... Wait, this is not Dark Souls... still... DODGE ROLL!!
xenonni 2nd May 2018, 8:42 PM edit delete reply
+1
1977 2nd May 2018, 4:52 PM edit delete reply
Explain that it is not a human war but a war between the slimes and the goblins which you want to prevent.
Krylo 2nd May 2018, 4:55 PM edit delete reply
+1 to This.

Also move out of the way. It seems like Lagrand might be tripping this thing.
Yolvan 2nd May 2018, 5:07 PM edit delete reply
Tackle the everloving fuck out of them, and then explain that you wish to stop the war between the slimes and the goblins.
TerraNova 2nd May 2018, 6:00 PM edit delete reply
Dodge roll!!!
Guest 2nd May 2018, 11:20 PM edit delete reply
To anyone that says that we shoukd explain the war between the gobs and slimes, that was part of the last action...