Comic 41 - Travel to the old temple

29th Apr 2018, 11:44 PM in Humble Beginnings at Humblestart
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) Rate this comic
Travel to the old temple
<<First Latest>>

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 29th Apr 2018, 11:44 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
The four of you--yourself, Valley, Inzo, and Lagrand--begin traveling toward the Old Temple.

Along the way, you encounter a few more groups of killer mushrooms. Lagrand mostly hangs back and lets the rest of your party do the heavy lifting... though he does conjure wooden spears in the air, which then hurl themselves into your enemies. He makes it look very casual, barely giving a flick of his fingertips--you can't tell if he's just really practiced the dramatics, or if he's seriously holding back.

You also ask Inzo about building a mech for you.

"Hume not use mech," Inzo replies snidely. "Took Inzo monthses and monthses to learn all levers and buttons and switcheses. Inzo like challenge, though--could try to build hume... hmm. Something. Hume definitely need the help."

You reach the temple. It sits in the middle of a huge pond, connected to land by an old, creaky bridge. The pond runs out in a stream into the rest of the woods, and you can see shadows in the distance congregating around the water. It does, indeed, seem like something's happened to the water supply, resulting in all these creatures.

You all cautiously cross the bridge, Inzo and Valley clearly nervous about their respective weights.

You make it inside the temple safely.


image


"One spider?," Inzo comments. "Inzo not impressed."

Valley keeps her voice low. "It's, like, suuuper tight in here. Fighting might be like, harder than it sounds."

The spider hisses, starting to fidget anxiously as it eyes you. It doesn't look like you're going to have much time to strategize.

Comments:

xenonni 30th Apr 2018, 12:04 AM edit delete reply
Give it a whack! Watch out for poison.

Also, could we get an inventory check? Just to see what we've got in the way of in-case-someone-gets-poisoned
Morgenstern 30th Apr 2018, 12:51 AM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
If I've not accidentally broken the site in the process, I should have an answer for you! There's now buttons at the top of the site for Inventory and Party, which I will uhhh do my best to keep updated.
xenonni 30th Apr 2018, 12:22 PM edit delete reply
Can confirm that the button works. Thanks!
Tech 30th Apr 2018, 12:13 AM edit delete reply
Hiss right the fuck back.
Mochi 30th Apr 2018, 12:59 AM edit delete reply
Mochi
this made me laugh stupid hard
Wolfe 30th Apr 2018, 12:14 AM edit delete reply
Say "Hi, we come in peace."
1977 30th Apr 2018, 2:14 AM edit delete reply
"AH, you must be the guard. Could you inform your superiors that we are requesting an audience? How long do you think that will take? I'm sure your bosses are quite busy, so if you could give us an estimate we could always check back later."
TerraNova 30th Apr 2018, 7:30 AM edit delete reply
That might actually work if we use the language potion.
Shadoe 30th Apr 2018, 9:25 AM edit delete reply
Im totally for trying to not start a fight in such close quarters. Does anyone remember how long the language potion is supposed to last? We might need it for the fairies.
Shadoe 30th Apr 2018, 9:26 AM edit delete reply
Or if we have to fight we can try using the reinforced vines to tie spidey up?
TerraNova 30th Apr 2018, 11:01 AM edit delete reply
So in other words, first try negotiating. If that fails, then move on to subduing the enemy, for later negotiating. If all else fails, Inzo use some Gob Juice.
Cloud 30th Apr 2018, 12:53 PM edit delete reply
+1 to all of this. Also, just curious, if you were to use deinforce on something you reinforced, would it go back to normal, or...?
Morgenstern 30th Apr 2018, 1:23 PM edit delete reply
Morgenstern
It would