Comic 12 - Check your inventory

19th Apr 2018, 9:53 PM in Humble Beginnings at Humblestart
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) Rate this comic
Check your inventory
<<First Latest>>

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 19th Apr 2018, 9:53 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You do a quick check of your inventory.

Yup, it's there. You currently possess:

Recovereat x 3: It's the meal that heals. It's the snack that gives you your health back. Eating one can take care of small wounds, but it won't save you from more severe damage.

Tent x 1: It's a tent. Y'know, for camping. It fits about four people... or three people, if one of them is a minitaur. It's not expendable, unless something ruins your tent (obviously). As per the decree of the gods, a good sleep heals all damage and most status effects.

...And that's it. Yup. That's everything you own, plus the Purple Robe you were wearing before. You and Valley are both equipped with Pieceplates for armor, and she's equipped with a Studded Club as her weapon.

It is a little weird that the guards didn't take your items. ...Unless they absolutely did, and you only got it back because your inventory merged with Valley's, and Valley had your items.

She nods. "Yup yup. You were, like, gonna be executed? Sooo... it was basically free stuff."

Wait--if your inventory merged with hers, where's her things?

"Material possessions are, like, a prison all their own," she speaks sagely. "I did totally have snacks, but then I ate them all. I do have money, though! ...From when I had a job and stuff." She gives a small pout.

You check your money--it has, in fact, increased with the pooling of your funds. You currently possess 130g.

Comments:

Mochi 19th Apr 2018, 10:32 PM edit delete reply
Mochi
check the chest you haven't opened yet, maybe you'll get lucky and there'll be a full helm in there. alternatively, you could probably make your purple cape look like a purple scarf and that might help further obscure your face. if nothing else, maybe we'll get lucky and any guards won't give nast a second glance. ... until they find out the cell is broken. which reminds me, leaving before that happens would be a good plan.
Wolfe 19th Apr 2018, 11:21 PM edit delete reply
+1 this but I would like to add ask her about the way out, what to look out for and on a side note, does she have any contacts?
Guest 19th Apr 2018, 11:22 PM edit delete reply
And someplace to lay low.
Solaic 20th Apr 2018, 12:15 AM edit delete reply
First, throw your purple cloak on similar to a cape, kind of tucked into the rim of your helmet. Then, with your sheer charisma, like-able demeanor, and the fact that you have a minotaur with a not-exactly-small club shadowing you: walk right out of there acting like the Warden himself.