Comic 106 - Start developing a plan

30th May 2018, 11:54 PM in High Roads, Low Roads, Threeroads
Average Rating: 4.67 (3 votes) Rate this comic
Start developing a plan
<<First Latest>>

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 30th May 2018, 11:54 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
Right before you fall asleep, a thought occurs to you:

if you get caught with Ranse's panties in your pocket, you will be very, very screwed.

Like, it is a humorous misunderstanding just waiting to happen.

So... you do the only thing you can think of. You stand up, you undress... and you put Ranse's panties on.

Ranse, who has almost fallen asleep at this point, raises a thin eyebrow. "Wow. ...Alright."

You insist that this is purely to keep you from being mistaken for a panty thief.

"S-sure," she says, fighting back a hint of a smile. "Of... course."

You also sort of maybe plan on using them to seduce Inzo in the morning. And also maybe Ranse. ...Because why not.


However, you wake up the next morning to the sound of hammering, and no Inzo in the tent. You put on your peasant attire, and wrap your purple robe back around your face like a scarf. You and Ranse wander outside to see what's going on,

and discover that Inzo has added the pyre ant parts to his mech as plating. It should now be quite fire resistant, despite mostly being made of wood.

As you step outside, he also lifts a circular shield out of his mech's cockpit. "Inzo has finished shield! Shield is very sturdy but also very, very..." It takes both hands, but even with his meager goblin strength, he's able to toss the shield out of his mech. "...Very light. Shield is aerodynamic! Has gyro weights for throwing. Nast can use with wand for bringing shield back."

You acquire the sailing shield.

"S-see," Ranse begins, "told you. F-fucking is... good. For. Yourbrain."

"Inzo is NOT convinced!," the goblin declares. "Could be coincidences." He glances aside, presumably to hide his smirk. "Needs more testings. But not now! NOW Inzo has work to do."


You've given it some thought, and you think you have the beginnings of a plan. Ranse has written stuff. ...Tentacle stuff. That could be submitted to the entertainers guild for entrance.

"Entertainers guild," Inzo replies. "Not writers guild. Books not entertaining!"

"H-he'swrong," Ranse blurts out, "but he... does have, a point. I don't... think my weirdsexfiction will... get us in."

Plan B, then. You could re-enact some of the juicier storytelling from one of Ranse's stories, utilizing Lagrand's Brambling Hand spell for the tentacly parts.

"His... brambles. Arebrambles." Ranse gives the smallest shrug. "With thorns. I'm... into some things. But not that. Don't... knowifhecanholdback... the pointy bits."

Okay. Plan C, then. You take a deep breath. If you can recruit the King Slime from near Humblestart, then educate HER on the finer details of tentacle romance via Ranse's books, then SHE can take up the mantle of the tentacle stuff in Ranse's stories.

Ranse thinks about it. Inzo thinks about it. Ranse finally speaks up--a faint smile almost crossing her lips, but it passes quickly. "That... could work. We might... not even need the story. They... probably don't see. A lot of King Slimes tentacle fucking people in Threeroads."

There. Good. Finally.

You have a plan. You just need to talk the King Slime into joining your party, teach her how to make slime tentacles, and then you can get into the entertainers guild to meet the prerequisites for recruiting Sweet and/or find someone willing to bang an entire tribe of goblins to prevent a war with the same slimes that the King Slime is trying to rule over.

"...When Nast puts it that way," Inzo starts, "plan sounds very silly."

"It's... gottenoutofhand, yeah," agrees Ranse. "I... can't imagine it'll get. More complicated than it already is."

With that settled, you just need to decide the next step. Inzo has already said he has work to do today (whatever that means), and you do need to check on your other party members.

"If... we're going near Humblestart," Ranse says with some pause, "I should... probably check in. Make sure nobody's... f-freaking out."

So, Ranse can visit her family, and Inzo can work on his engineer business (?). You switch your active party members around, replacing Inzo and Ranse with Justice and Valley.


image


"Hey," Valley begins with a wave. "So, like... nipple rings are a go?" A wide grin steadily grows across her face. "Also milk? Like... we got milk. So... y'know. I'm hoping, like, they'll get a little less sensitive, 'cuz right now they're like... bam. ...But I also kind of hope they don't?" Valley shrugs, her huge smile not even beginning to falter. "Just... like... don't hesitate."

Probably related, Justice is also sporting a very wide smile... and a very slight blush. "V-Valley... insisted that I confirm on the way here. She is definitely lactating. ...A great deal, I should add."

Justice loudly and deliberately clears her throat, and abruptly changes the subject. "Having spoken with various vagrants throughout Threeroads--many of whom have ties to the thieves guild--I still cannot ascertain why they are looking for disguise potions. It does seem as though only the guild's leader knows for certain. The knights that have been searching for you... or rather, the panty thief, they've been in close contact with the guild as well. It may be related. The common thieves that frequent the guild are uncomfortable with it, as the guards that normally patrol Threeroads stay out of guild affairs. The king's knights are from afar, and have no such compunctions. They've been pressuring the local thieves a great deal."

"So, like..." Valley thinks on it. "The thieves should totally be ready to help us, then. Like, we catch the real thief, we get the knights out of their hair?"

Justice shakes her head. "It may be the opposite, I fear. The thieves are not concerned about the true identity of the culprit, only that the knights take their exit. They may be all too eager to turn Nast in, if only to rid themselves of the king's knights."

You update Valley and Justice on what you've learned, and what all's been going on in their absence... and on the current plan.

"That fits my concerns, then," Justice states. "That pink haired thief may be looking to turn you in, not just for the reward money but to remove the presence of the knights from the city. To that end, I worry she may recruit other members of the guild, and convince them you are the true culprit."

"Ehhh, I don't totally buy that," Valley replies. "Like, a thief is still a thief? If she turns you in by herself, she gets all the reward money. If she like... forms a posse, she has to split it. I bet she's totally working alone, or maybe just with that green guy we saw at the ranch."

For now, it seems safer to just steer clear of the thieves guild. You want to head back to the King Slime's cave, and try to recruit her--that is, if there's nothing else that needs to be done nearby, since you're here.

"Like... we do have some junk to sell?," Valley points out. "But there's toootally nothing stopping us from hocking it in Humblestart, either."

Comments:

Lavitz 31st May 2018, 1:16 AM edit delete reply
Everyone needs a tall glass of milk to start their day
G. Sansa 31st May 2018, 3:37 PM edit delete reply
And some roast trout. Don't want those to start to stink.
vilageoftheflame 31st May 2018, 1:24 AM edit delete reply
First thing is Valley should try to pry open that chest.
Hambone 31st May 2018, 3:33 AM edit delete reply
Yeah! And then the box we found on the beach!
Hellbovine 31st May 2018, 5:59 AM edit delete reply
Hellbovine
Lol @ Hambone xD
Tech 1st Jun 2018, 2:19 AM edit delete reply
10/10
Krylo 31st May 2018, 1:41 AM edit delete reply
Firstly, see about having Valley pry open the chest or break JUST the lock, if possible.

Then take a slight detour to hit up the old docks on the way back to humblestart now that we have Justice in the party. If the fish bro is there she can talk to him (he's probably not because they're subterranean so he probably comes out at night, but may as well swing by and see).
1977 31st May 2018, 2:05 AM edit delete reply
+1 Also a quick check of the cave on the beach couldn't hurt either.
ZincFingers 31st May 2018, 2:35 AM edit delete reply
ZincFingers
Well if we do catch up Fish Bro, odds are he'd have a very good understanding of the local tides. If Justice can communicate with him, he is our best bet for learning the safest time to enter the cave.
Krylo 31st May 2018, 4:16 AM edit delete reply
I have a feeling the cave is where he comes from. Partially submerged cave near docks where we find subterranean fish man?
G. Sansa 31st May 2018, 11:04 AM edit delete reply
a) and b) Sure, why not.

c) and c) Yes.

d) No. Kuo-Toa hate sunlight, he won't be there right now.

e) -1. Too far out of the way, we have enough quests to resolve right now.

f) -1. Dangerous and vague.

g) -1. In this kind of game, places you don't visit mostly don't change. Status with goblins can basically only get worse.

h) just no. This is a really weak reason to try to bend the rules.

i) +1. Also offer to let her eat irregular foliage if it would give her any bonuses.

j) +1.

k) Give Justice the ring (at least, while she's in the party). Hopefully she doesn't get weird about "put a ring on it", or at least if she does, we can use "je ne sais quoi" to make it a joke and not a serious issue. Ask Justice about the range/conditions for status martyr; eg, could she do it through a closed door if we try springing Mel's trap. Also, see if Justice will take a weapon (Valley's old studded club?).

l) Stop in Humblestart to pick up books, sell random crap (hopefully we get another random encounter on the way — it shouldn't outlevel us because we're in low-level zones), reassure Ranse's people that she hasn't been kidnapped, perhaps purchase more burn resist if available.

m) Maybe buy a bird on the way past the ranch? Slimey might not be good at walking long distances, and we'd have a source of eggs. Ranse or Slimey might be able to do things with eggs.

n) if Summoner has kidnapped Slimey, we're gonna have to rescue her. So be on the look out for clues as to Summoner's whereabouts, and ask about her on the way past the ranch.
G. Sansa 31st May 2018, 12:01 PM edit delete reply
Whoops. That was supposed to be a response to Magister Dicks It (nice nym) below.
Jochi 31st May 2018, 1:15 PM edit delete reply
+1 to k) I suspect it's touch only, but we need to know.
+1 to l)
+1 to m) as long as the bird wouldn't count as a party member.
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 5:51 AM edit delete reply
Cast deinforce on the lock first.

@Kryto it may be that the cave doesn't ever become totally safe to enter. We may need a portion or spell of water breathing. Possibly inspired by the kuo-toa (shudder)? Or maybe partially submerged means there's a section of the cave that isn't suerged and is therefore explorable.
Sparky 31st May 2018, 2:04 AM edit delete reply
I agree on having valley rip open the chest. Hopefully whatever in there is useful. Also... lets sample some milk. If we are able at some point to detour to the docks to talk to fishbro with justice, that could also be neat. But we do need to talk to the slimeking again. Also if we're down there, it probably wouldn't hurt to give the goblin chief a visit to keep him updated. its been awhile since we last saw him. On the way there, maybe we could also practice with the shield
Gandalf 31st May 2018, 2:32 AM edit delete reply
Gandalf
+1 to all of these. First see if we can get the chest open, then go ahead with the plan. Not a bad idea to check in with the goblins: they did say no hurry, but wouldn't hurt to reassure them we're on the case.
MakePeaceAndLove 31st May 2018, 5:22 AM edit delete reply
+1 to these except visiting the goblins again. There's no rush but they could jump to conclusions if we show up, particularly with Justice in the party.

Also, first time posting here. I found this comic through an ad on Oglaf and marathoned it over a couple days. Morgernstern does amazing work here, the world, the characters, the battles, the lore, the sex scenes, great work! And I really like the community here too, you guys get great ideas and maintain consistency well, I appreciate how Nast keeps looking for peaceful interactions and praising the party for a job well done.
Magister Dicks it 31st May 2018, 6:08 AM edit delete reply
Welcome MakePeaceAndLove!

I share the exact same opinion, this community is cool, I guess the ad in oglaf brought cool people.
I mean, lots of stuff in oglaf and here would freak out many people. Here everybody is quite open to try out silly things, it's so great :D
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 5:53 AM edit delete reply
+1, and also a pitstop in Humblestart to give some milk to Ranse to experiment with.
Sparky 31st May 2018, 2:04 AM edit delete reply
I agree on having valley rip open the chest. Hopefully whatever in there is useful. Also... lets sample some milk. If we are able at some point to detour to the docks to talk to fishbro with justice, that could also be neat. But we do need to talk to the slimeking again. Also if we're down there, it probably wouldn't hurt to give the goblin chief a visit to keep him updated. its been awhile since we last saw him. On the way there, maybe we could also practice with the shield
GS 31st May 2018, 2:16 AM edit delete reply
-1 on visiting the goblins!
Don't remind them of the job we were supposed to do for them until we have our golem.
Especially not with two uh, "bountiful" women in our current party. Remember, Inzo is an exceptional gob. The rest aren't nearly as intelligent or principled from what we hear...
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 5:54 AM edit delete reply
So visit them with Lagrand and Inzo? Or Valley and Inzo?
GS 31st May 2018, 12:13 PM edit delete reply
Nope; don't visit them at all until our golem is ready!
Korsha 31st May 2018, 2:09 AM edit delete reply
Enhance nipple rings! Must be done before a wicked archer comes firing arrows at your partys boobs!

Also, maybe enhancing something pierced in an erogenous zone feels nice? only one way to find out
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 5:55 AM edit delete reply
You mean reinforce, right? +1 to that, but also play with them a bit, coyly saying they're smaller so it takes longer to get it right.
1977 31st May 2018, 2:12 AM edit delete reply
"They... probably don't see. A lot of King Slimes tentacle fucking people in Threeroads."

That is an understatement if I ever saw one. Especially the probably part :)
GS 31st May 2018, 2:14 AM edit delete reply
We could do something much simpler than all those complex schemes.
A current member of the entertainers guild can sponsor our entry. We just need to find and befriend one! Nast is good at making friends.
1977 31st May 2018, 2:24 AM edit delete reply
That could be a catch 22 situation. To join the guild befriend a member, to befriend a member join the guild.
ZincFingers 31st May 2018, 2:30 AM edit delete reply
ZincFingers
Convoluted plans are the best plans, so far we've done nothing but take the most twisted path, and we have made some awesome friends (and slept with about half of them).
K3001 31st May 2018, 3:08 AM edit delete reply
Train with the shield and wand. If the wand is able to pull things to you, it would be incredibly usefull. It would even make catching the ring of disguise even easier, if you can spot it.
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 5:57 AM edit delete reply
I'm thinking the Panty Thief has the ring of disguise and the Theives guild potion heists are a red herring.
GS 31st May 2018, 3:18 AM edit delete reply
Can we all agree that Mel is not getting into the party and we're not going to try and sex her up?
Iirc, the king wants the panty thief executed. She was cool with turning us over to be KILLED.
That's not the kind of person I want to adventure with...
Krylo 31st May 2018, 4:19 AM edit delete reply
I mean, we probably aren't getting her in the party, but I still say we sleep with her, using the ring that makes us immune to sleep.

I wanna see what her trap was, exactly. Finding the tunnels she was going to use could be a major boon to us.

Further, getting inspired by a thief could give us any number of useful enchantments--invisibility, something to open locks, something to make things quieter, something to make people more agile. . .

All our inspirations seem to have to do with the person we've shagged. With Mel I feel it's going to be something good for subterfuge as she's a backstabber.
GS 31st May 2018, 7:36 AM edit delete reply
So far, everyone Nast has copulated with agreed to do so, knowing full well what was up.
Tricking someone into sex under false pretenses... it just feels off.
G. Sansa 31st May 2018, 11:09 AM edit delete reply
If we spring the trap, it's totally up to her whether she tries to sex us up while we're feigning sleep. If she does, go with it (especially if she has some kind of magical performance enhancer so our arousal isn't suspicious). If not, c'est la vie.
ZincFingers 31st May 2018, 8:13 AM edit delete reply
ZincFingers
Yeah, I'd say Mel goes on the party blacklist. Unless more information comes to light.

Admittedly, we only know she had a similar looking ring... it's possible it was a normal non-enchanted ring that looked like ours. Or it was enchanted with something else, we never got a chance to actually identify it.

Furthermore, why would she wear a ring that prevents sleep on her non-gloved hand if she was trying to catch an enchanter, the magic user most likely to able to identify it?
GS 31st May 2018, 12:12 PM edit delete reply
Maybe because what she had on the gloved hand was worse?
The ring of wakefulness could've been a distraction.
Gandalf 31st May 2018, 2:12 PM edit delete reply
Gandalf
What more information might spontaneously come to light? I think we're making a lot of assumptions about Mel. Maybe true assumptions, maybe not, we don't know. I think we should grow a pair and investigate further, albeit carefully.
GS 31st May 2018, 3:17 PM edit delete reply
Wait. Does Mel know we're an enchanter? A magic-user, yes, sure. But an enchanter?
Ghest 31st May 2018, 3:21 AM edit delete reply
Reinforce the sailing shield, I think that's a no-brainer for any new piece of equipment that's likely to be subjected to a lot of stress.
ZincFingers 31st May 2018, 3:22 AM edit delete reply
ZincFingers
So... Reinforce Ranse's Panties as well?
Ghest 31st May 2018, 3:48 AM edit delete reply
I said new, those are definitelyused.
ZincFingers 31st May 2018, 4:48 AM edit delete reply
ZincFingers
Yes, but they are newly acquired by Nast.
Jochi 31st May 2018, 12:52 PM edit delete reply
+1. This also smells like a setup for the Panty Thief stealing them right off Nast. Reinforcing them at least means they'll be less likely to be damaged, possibly harder to lose in the first place.
Twelveseal 31st May 2018, 3:39 AM edit delete reply
We could go looking for other entertainers to get us in, but really, do we want to wander around Threeroads with the Thieves, Knights, guards, and anyone else who might be interested in a little Cash for Clues as to a panty thief all out looking for us? I suggest we stay out of that town until we have something better than just Disguise Potions. Try sexing the Slime King. And maybe if they're game the Fairies. As well as Justice, ofc. Also, if we head back to the fairies, bring some ant parts to fedd the spider with so it'll let us through peacefully. Right now we need to look into expanding Nast's repertoire. Getting into the Entertainers' Guild won't do us any good if they immediately turn us in.

Alternatively, if we want to buy our way in, we actually do have the cash for it. Sort of. We can have Valley turn Nast in for the reward while having our inactive party members (everyone but Nast in this case) covertly working on breaking him out of jail before he's even captured. Valley claims the reward and clears her name, Nast gets busted out, and we have the money to get our guild pass.

Finally, an odd, silly, derpy thought occurred to me. What if Nast actually *is* the panty thief? Just... not yet. The thief is a version of Nast who has gotten some way to magically time travel, and had built up a panty collection in his own time. Now he's just out to claim the ones he missed in his own past to fill out his Pantydex, resulting in a time loop. It's dumb, I know, but it might explain why he didn't take Ranse's. She had given them to him in the past, so he had no need to steal them.
Magister Dicks it 31st May 2018, 6:58 AM edit delete reply
Interesting theory the time travelling one. I'm not buying it but I like it! :D
V.V.V. 31st May 2018, 3:41 AM edit delete reply
Reinforce the shield, that's a no-brainer.

Let's get Valley into the chest if at all possible. 'Cuz, like, I'm totes hoping there's something in there we/she can call a Zappa or some junk.

Send Legrand off to talk to the King Slime and meanwhile find out the tidal schedule.

And wear them panties.
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 6:02 AM edit delete reply
Taste the milk and show Valley the gift Ranse gave you. Did the milk make Valley's boobs bigger?
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 12:23 PM edit delete reply
Also buy a turtlneck that says in big letters "I'm not the Panty Thief."

It worked for Matt Murdock.
Magister Dicks it 31st May 2018, 6:57 AM edit delete reply
ok so what we have so far:

a) try Valley's milk

b) reinforce the nipple piercing and see if it eases her sensitivity

c) try to open the chest in new ways:
- deinforce the lock
- valley's bare force. her stomp attack (but don't break it permanently!)
- Justice becoming locked in its stead (LOL whatever that would mean) or trying to speak with it in Lockish xD
- Lagrande's brambles and branch hands
- Slime Queen tentacles and acid touch
- Fairies entering the lock. but they'd want something in return I guess.
- having Inzo build a new lock if we destroy this one and open the chest.

c) practice with shield and wand (btw I wonder if we could stick the wand to our arm so that the hand would be free for grabbing another weapon while still doing the magic. Or have an adapter to cling it to whichever weapon we use (and automatically detach and return to the hand if tge weapon falls or is taken away. (wow parenthesis inside parenthesis inside parenthesis!)))

d) look for the fish creature (poae poae? forgot the name sorry) or somebody that can tell you about the sea current right now

e) explore the cave if it's possible

f) return to the city (I think it's a terrible idea for now) to:
- sell stuff
- try our luck with entertainers guild again
- go to the thieves guild again.
- try to meet Mel again

g) g is for go to the gobblin group. sorry. tribe. Personally I don't think we should. Why reminding them of us? We should only come back when we have something, otherwise we're wasting everyone's time. Goblins don't want to be reassures through words. They want stuff asap. we were lucky about the time they gave us. let's not make them go back on that.
- btw I'm against Justice doing it with them because it's not a real full yes, it's out of a sense of duty. but I just thought that her martyr skill could be useful to constantly get the status of somebody yet to be sexually pleased during any given orgy. Maybe if the goblin king felt how it was to be fucked by so many people he'd stop the thing. hmmm nah he's pretty short sighted selfish and self centered. anyway sorry for tge rant. moving on

h) If there's anything we can offer them or them to us. Would be cool to have one accompanying us. A party member but maybe counting as a pet (though it's not one) so that it can always be with us plus 2 party members.

i) meet the Slime Queen again.
- Ask her about how she speaks and reads.
- ask if you can see the books she has.
- tell her about our adventure so far
- tentacle thing.
- practice a lot of sex with everybody

j) go back to entertainers guild with a really good twntacle play. but maybe with a secondary party? should Nast go back to the city right away?
Magister Dicks it 31st May 2018, 7:01 AM edit delete reply
sorry in h) I was referring to the fairies
MakePeaceAndLove 31st May 2018, 7:45 AM edit delete reply
You wrote c) twice (for the chest and practicing with shield and wand).

One possible idea for opening the lock is using some moldable material (like wet sand, or bundles of grass/leaves/vines) and stuffing it in the lock, then reinforcing it to hold the correct shape to act as the key. And if it works, we can use this method to pick prison locks and others in the future, too.

I'm all for trying to open it if our methods are gentle, I suspect whatever's inside is fragile so we don't want to use force or even shake that chest too much... on the other hand, we can give it a slight shake and listen to figure out what's inside. Coins, paper scrolls, fabric, large objects, etc. all give pretty distinct sounds, after all.
Jochi 31st May 2018, 1:03 PM edit delete reply
I don't think Reinforce will 'glue' malleable material in a particular formation, and it wouldn't work anyway. A key has to push the tumblers inside the lock into a particular arrangement they're not already in -- and you won't get them in that position by stuffing things in the lock.
ZincFingers 31st May 2018, 8:19 AM edit delete reply
ZincFingers
Well, if you wanted to be mean, we could get a disguise potion and slip it to the goblin king on the sly. Then throw him out to, ahem, serve his people.

Though I wouldn't do this, because we are not evil.
Green Visitor 31st May 2018, 7:20 AM edit delete reply
Be sure to tell Valley and Justice that you would really like to check her new nipple rings. Like, you won`t hesitate to do it immediately. Also, ask Justice if she thought they looked nice.

I think we should keep this party for now, and travel to slime king directly. Only stop at roadside Cathedral if Justice need the Bishops permission.

Send Ranse to town for supplies for burn resist potions, if necessary, or any other paraphernalia she may need for her fetish.

Maybe lave a note for Mel, as we didn't return as promised. "Hi Mel, can't enter town yet, got assailed, need to defend my name. Will be in Peace Calling two nights from now, catch me there if you would like a ride. - Love, miss Dick."
MakePeaceAndLove 31st May 2018, 7:35 AM edit delete reply
+1 to these except for leaving a note for Mel.

We may not have total certainty about her setting us up, but it's enough that I'd prefer if we don't tell her what our plans are, whether we head towards Peace Calling or straight to the Slime Cave.

If she was going to trap us, she'll just figure out we saw through her and she lost her chance. If she wasn't and it was all one big misunderstanding, we can explain it the next time we see her - by that point she might be upset, but we should also be better prepared to handle her. Plus, we can say that we had to leave the city because all the knights were looking for us, which is true anyway.
Korsha 31st May 2018, 7:49 AM edit delete reply
Is Ranse the panty thief?

We know she's kinky, she's clever, the thief didn't take her panties, she stocks up on disguise potions, and she's an alchemist, possibly smart enough to change how they work. Actually, we just have her word for gender switching is how they normally work, we haven't talked to anyone else about that. She could have given us potions with that effect so we would still be easy to recognize, cause we look basically the same with boobs. Now she gave us panties, potentially to further frame us. Hell, the alchemist shop keep we first met could have been her in disguise, he asked us to come back later so she had time to make genderbend potions.
Green Visitor 31st May 2018, 12:13 PM edit delete reply
Probably not. From what we know she isn't very traveled, mostly stayed at home.

Quote Valley, comic 16 : "the whole family's like that. I met their dad when I first moved here... he, like, couldn't stop staring at my boobs? I don't think they get out much."
MakePeaceAndLove 31st May 2018, 2:09 PM edit delete reply
Unlike a book or a game, this is open-ended so anything is possible. There's some evidence for it, but also some clues against it.

I really hope that Ranse isn't the panty thief. I like all the characters a ton, but she's easily my favourite, she's adorkable beyond words.
Barswanian 31st May 2018, 8:06 AM edit delete reply
If the chest has 500 gold in it, we're going to find Sweet and buy that card, get entry, recruit sweet to the party, find someone willing to entertain the goblins.

That being said, help Valley out. And if Justice and valley want kinky times while Nast is still female, go for it.
ZincFingers 31st May 2018, 8:09 AM edit delete reply
ZincFingers
Sweets said she would join our party if we earn our way into the Entertainers Guild, I don't know if she'd class us buying the card off of her as proving ourselves entertainers.
1977 31st May 2018, 8:43 AM edit delete reply
Sorry swan but I have to agree with zf here.

That being said you're right with your second paragraph.
GS 31st May 2018, 12:41 PM edit delete reply
Don't forget the golem plan.

Inzo is probably not the equivalent of a goblin jock, and he had surprising stamina. Imagine how much energy more physically active gobs will have. As Valley said, the entertainers' guild would make us "pay out the ass" for someone to endure that much goblin attention. Not to mention the question whether it's morally cool to toss someone in front of the goblin train... We can't guarantee they'll all play nice.
RicardtheDragoon 31st May 2018, 9:32 AM edit delete reply
If the King Slime should agree with the "tentacle sex show" plan, how is Nast going to transport her(?) to Threeroads? In a bucket (not very dignified)? Under the King Slime's own power (hope no guards or knights get an itchy trigger finger or decides to axe a slime since they are monsters and does Nast want all the attention that might draw)? In the chest which valley could carry? Is the chest large enough? Could the King Slime either burn away the lock on the chest with acid (or trying to digest it at least) or insert a tentacle and try to unlock the chest or at least use her strange sight to see the contents or have Inzo craft some lockpicks for someone to use? Possibly, the KIng Slime could digest the wood of the chest more easily than the already-deinforced iron lock; however, that would ruin the chest for more conventional applications.
Is it likely that Nast and friends will meet the Summoner again when they stop to see the King Slime? Could get a character reference for Mel from the Summoner which would at least give Nast a more reasonable basis from which to jump to conclusions (not that his current conclusion isn't plenty reasonable). Additionally, if Mel's motives are suspect, what about the Summoner's? Might the Summoner have poached the King Slime or some equally nefarious and inconvenient act?
MakePeaceAndLove 31st May 2018, 12:45 PM edit delete reply
That's a lot of questions we don't know enough to answer. We can only hope that the KingSlime will agree, and that the Summoner is more honest than Mel - during our encounter on the ranch she struck me as more embarrassed about the whole ordeal than nefarious. Even if she managed to get away with sex'ing the Giant Bird, I'm guessing she would've escaped in shame instead of stealing it outright, that reduces the chance of a pursuit party tracking her down.

On the other hand... if the King Slime tries to help us open the lock, I suggest we hint she could use her shapeshifting to unlock it rather than digest it. She can presumably fit a short slime limb / tentacle in there and shape it into a key... also, if she can move her eyes freely, then she could take a peek inside even if we don't open the thing, that's better than guessing the contents based only on the weight of the chest and possibly the sound it makes when shaken.
RicardtheDragoon 31st May 2018, 10:21 AM edit delete reply
Even with Je Ne Sais Quoi, I'm not so certain that the Slime King will agree. Nast will effectively ask her(?) to copulate in a new and kinky way in front of one to many strangers in a foreign and hostile location after journeying there in a potentially unpleasant way. Of course, the King Slime might be more than willing to do her part in securing peace with Inzo's tribe. The King Slime even be excited to see a piece of the wider world and interact with a host of people. This could be a world-changer for the King Slime.

On the other hand, would it be wise for the King Slime to abandon her constituents even for a day? What if performing at the Entertainer's Guild attract some less than completely positive attention for her and her people?

Also, what happens when a slime dies at the hands of an adventurer? Do they reform from the goop of their remains or do they stay dead? Are new slimes only formed from division?
1977 31st May 2018, 11:07 AM edit delete reply
I can at least answer your last question.
In the LORE-TAB at the top of the page you can read additional info about a lot of subjects.
Under Bestiary>Oddities you can find the entry about slimes.
There it says they can split in two once there is enough mass.
Guest 31st May 2018, 11:55 AM edit delete reply
Give Justice the anti-sleep ring for now. she can use her status martyr ability to cleanse others without affecting herself if needed.
GS 31st May 2018, 12:36 PM edit delete reply
+1. Good idea!
MakePeaceAndLove 31st May 2018, 12:47 PM edit delete reply
+1 That's the best use for that ring, at least for right now.
Placeholder 31st May 2018, 2:19 PM edit delete reply
+1 as long as we remember to take it back when she leaves the main party.
GS 31st May 2018, 12:14 PM edit delete reply
Wherever we go, we need to start looking for a puppeteer so we can build our golem!
Maybe try the bar at Humblestart for information again?
1977 31st May 2018, 2:28 PM edit delete reply
There were concerns about the we bring the KingSlime to the city and also concerns about the summoner.
With a bit of luck both of them solve themselves.
The summoner could be in the slime cavern and got already inspired by her.
So we invite the summoner into the party, go back to the city and she summons the KingSlime right there.
Alternative methods of bringing her to the city involve simply dressing her up.
Put on some robes so she can not be seen and then she drops the clothes when we perform.
MakePeaceAndLove 31st May 2018, 2:46 PM edit delete reply
+1 Those are some good ideas.

If the Summoner can already summon her, that would be great. If nothing else, the Summoner can travel with us and only summon King Slime for the performance itself, narrowing the time gap she'll spend away from her... slime citizens. If this method also lets the summoned creature be sent back at some point (after a time limit runs out) that lets her return to the Slime Cave quickly AND safely.

There's also the fact that Ranse was holding back last night, to be 'ready' for the performance. But if we're going to let her and King Slime put on a show, I still believe they need to practice it and not improvise... that's what Ranse's books can help with, too.

Also... if Nast can join those two, as either sex, that would only improve the performance, I think... man we're gonna need plenty of the (Acid) Burn Resist Potion to do this.
1977 31st May 2018, 2:53 PM edit delete reply
Sadly Ranse has already said this is the only bottle Burn Resist Potion since they are hard to make.

Luckily KingSlime said with training she could learn to not digest something inside her body and Valley suggested she should begin to train this.
GS 31st May 2018, 3:20 PM edit delete reply
We could give Queen Slime our fish to experiment with.
If nothing else, she may enjoy the novelty of eating water-based animals.
G. Sansa 31st May 2018, 3:22 PM edit delete reply
Minor question for later: can Ranse smell (r/d)einforce? If so, we could use them like bread crumbs, possibly even when faking sleep as Mel takes us somewhere. It would drain our mana but possibly not by too much.